Ten Reasons Not to Miss the 2014 NAI Summit in Washington, DC
April 16, 2014
The second annual NAI Summit is fast approaching, and as we continue to round out the agenda for an informative and enjoyable day with many of the advertising and privacy industry’s best and brightest, we would like to give you a sneak peek at some of the event’s highlights. Here are just ten of the many reasons you should drop what you’re doing and register for the can’t-miss 2014 NAI Summit on Tuesday, May 20, in Washington, DC.
- Privacy Fireside Chat with FTC Commissioner Julie Brill – When we say “best and brightest,” we really mean it. Join NAI CEO Marc Groman for a one-on-one discussion with Commissioner Brill, whom Adweek recently lauded as a “relentless and vocal advocate for more consumer privacy practices.”
- What’s New at NAI? – Want to find out what we’ve done for you lately? Do it here. The Summit is a great opportunity to chat with NAI representatives to get the latest on all of the goings on at NAI and in the privacy landscape as a whole.
- Do Not Track – The Deep Dive – Join NAI staff and members for an in-depth walkthrough of specifications and key concerns about W3C’s soon-to-be-released technical document. Attendees are likely to catch a lively debate about how to interpret the specifications and how they can impact digital advertising companies.
- My Data is Anonymous – Says Who? – Various terms are being used to describe how companies are modifying data sets to make users less susceptible to identification. Hear more about them and how NAI uses them as well as what they really mean.
- We Put the “Network” in Network Advertising Initiative – Rub elbows with the digital media and online privacy industries’ veterans and rising stars. Meet executives from Google, AOL, Yahoo, Turn, Rocket Fuel, BlueKai, MediaMath, eXelate, AppNexus and Criteo, among others.
- Has the Cookie’s Death Been Greatly Exaggerated? – Despite dire predictions last year and bold moves by some browsers, the third-party cookie is not dead – yet. But changes in the digital ecosystem present new challenges that the cookie is not equipped to address. Find out more about how the industry will approach these issues and self-regulation’s role.
- CEO Panel – Chief executives from eXelate, MediaMath, Rocket Fuel and more will wrap up the Summit with a summary of the day’s hottest topics and discussions, and will provide their insight into the issues most important to NAI members. Don’t miss what promises to be a lively debate among industry luminaries.
- Rooftop Cocktail Reception – A warm spring evening? Check. Fresh air? Check. Good Cocktails? Check. Great conversation? Double check. Need we say more?
- DC in the springtime – There’s no better time to visit our nation’s capital. Stay an extra day or two and check out some of Washington’s many spectacular gardens in bloom, visit one or more of the city’s amazing museums and galleries or immerse yourself in U.S. history at the Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, Capitol Building or any of the dozens of historical sites around the city.
And that’s just a taste of what’s to come at the 2014 NAI Summit. So, what are you waiting for? To register, visit http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/event?oeidk=a07e8gdiwghe4771883&llr=uhazgdmab
Additionally, NAI has reserved hotel room blocks at two hotels close to the venue:
- The Mayflower Renaissance Washington, DC Hotel (Guests should use this link when booking. The cut off date for preferred member rate is April 21).
- Hotel Lombardy (Guests can call 800-424-5486 and refer to Group #3019 when reserving their room. Note: Cut off date for preferred member rate is April 17).