NAI Summit 2023: A Panoramic View of Privacy and Regulation
This year’s annual NAI summit was such a blast! We were joined by industry leaders, ad-tech movers and shakers, and our fellow digital advertising peers for two amazing days in Seattle to discuss the most important challenges and opportunities facing the digital advertising, and opportunities to increase privacy, accountability and trust across our industry.
We took a panoramic view of how new state laws and regulations will affect our industry. From deep dives into sensitive health data and choice mechanisms, to robust discussions on privacy enhancing technologies, and the state of self-regulation, the Summit provided an opportunity for NAI members and industry leaders to come together to explore these important topics and propose solutions.
Thank you to our speakers:
- Jill Szewczyk, Colorado’s Assistant Attorney General, for her overview of Colorado Privacy Act regulations, interoperability with other states, and implementation of key provisions such as “universal opt-out mechanisms.”
- Chuck Harwood, Northwest Region Director of the FTC and Laura VanDruff of @KelleyDrye for a valuable conversation on Health Breach Notification Rule, and the FTC’s announcement on updating the Rule.
- Washington’s Attorney General Bob Ferguson for delivering the keynote address and sharing key objectives behind the Washington’s My Health My Data Act.
- Ionel Năftănăilă from EDAA, GaryKibel from dglaw and IAB’s Tony Ficarrota for the deep dive into self-regulation the need to continuously evolve, and the value of the NAI’s privacy audit/evaluation process.
- HP’s Emmi Bane, Gazelle_HIPAA’s Christina Glabas, HintzeLaw’s Mike Hintze, and Washington’s Assistant AG Andrea Alegrett for insightful panel about the heightened standards & new requirements around sensitive data in digital advertising.
- Google’s Ghita Harris-Newton, Coir’s JuliaShullman, Denis Buchheim of ThinkMediumTech, and @IABTechLab’s Rowena Lam, for their valuable insights on privacy enhancing technologies (PETs) in sustainable business models.
- Jagdip Sekhon, from Samba TV, Deirdre Sullivan from Place Exchange and Jonathan Joseph from Ketch ‘s for forecasting privacy concerns for of out of home advertising, connected TV, the #Metaverse, AR/VR, gaming, AI and more!
Check out our highlights & share your photos of the #NAISummit2023!